Tuesday, January 10, 2012

String Paper Lanterns

So I have realized that I do my projects big and when I say big I mean way to big. I am going to try to tone it down a bit so I can get some more done. Also when I do more then one it will count as more then one craft (if it took a long while to make). One more thing! I might include some food on here. Things that people usually don't make that are unique. :)

Crafts #8 Day #10

This one was great! Just some lamps I bought at IKEA for pretty cheap and I covered them in some twine. A really interesting way to take a plain item and turn it into something amazing.

Supplies and Cost
Paper Lantern $7 (I got two)
Scissors $3
Glue Gun $10
Twine $2

Getting everything new would cost you about $22 or $29 if you did two.


So this was so beyond easy its not even funny! All you do is take the end of your twine. Glue it to the bottom outside of your lamp.


Wrap your twine all around your lamp.



Cut the twine, Glue the end to the lamp, and go around the lamp gluing down any lose twine. 



Do it all over again and then you have two awesome lamps!

And now almost the same thing but a little different!




Supplies and Cost
Paper Lantern $9 ($3 more for a cord to make it a lamp)
Scissors $3
Glue Gun $10
Twine $2

Total cost $27 but if you already had the first two lamps and supplies it would only cost you $12 more to make this one. Which ends up being about $40 for all three if you bought everything new.



This one I did not take very good picture of and for that I am sorry but the concept of it is really easy to understand and follow. All I did was follow the natural seams on the lamp with twine. Putting hot glue along the whole seam and the twine on top of it.



Then follow the natural lines on the lamp randomly spacing the twine. Again I just put down hot glue and put the twine on top of it.




Last I trimmed off extra twine on the top and bottom of the lamp.



Which left me with a really beautiful lamp for my living room!



Tips:
Don't put the twine inside the lamp you don't want a fire hazard!
Hot glue is hot don't touch it. lol.

Questions, comments, tips? Please leave below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment